Wechem Inc is a dynamic chemical manufacturer based in Harahan, Louisiana. Wechem was incorporated in 1971 and has designed, developed, manufactured and distributed some of the most innovative chemistries in the industry. Wechem is focused on the Oil and Gas, Chemical, Industrial, Refinery, Energy, and Offshore business and is experiencing explosive growth and expansion. Wechem is an outstanding employer with employee's average tenure well above the industry standard and is fun and exciting place to work. At Wechem, our motto is "Engineered Chemistries and Superior Solutions".
Chemical manufacturer seeks a diligent technician with mechanical pump experience, familiar with petrochemical industry to work at our customer sites in the Beaumont area, as well as at our warehouse in Nederland, TX. The ideal candidate should be able to effectively interact with customers, work both supervised and unsupervised, and have reliable transportation. Possible evening and weekend work with overtime pay available. Must successfully pass pre-employment drug screen and background check. CDL with Haz/Mat endorsement preferred and TWIC is required. Benefits include health insurance, paid vacation/sick leave, 401(k), and very competitive pay. Submit confidential resume for consideration.
- Build and Repair the Wechem Patented HULK SYSTEM
- Troubleshoots units that are not working and replaces parts that are defective.
- Performs related work as assigned both in the Wechem facilities and in the field
- Travel to customer locations on a weekly basis to perform repair, replacement and trouble shooting
- Understanding and working knowledge of the following:
- HULK SYSTEM
- Chemical Dispensing Systems
- Water Treatment Testing and Reporting
- Develop testing methods and procedures
- Working with sales reps and customers to develop solutions
- Build strong customer relationships and build knowledge and understanding of new and existing customer needs/expectations
- General warehouse work including inventory paperwork and physical counts
- Minimum 3 yrs experience specific to the commercial and industrial workplace
- Knowledge of the theory, methods, practices, tools, and equipment of the trade
- Knowledge of mechanical operations of multiple chemical dispensing systems
- Knowledge of the operating principles and characteristics of the various types of pneumatic and mechanical devices
- Knowledge of basic electricity and control systems.
- Ability to apply the theory, technique, principles, and processes of the mechanic's trade.
- Ability to read, understand, and work from blueprints, specifications, and schematics.
- Ability to bend, stoop, reach, or stand, lift and move heavy objects.
Additional Skills Desired:
- Trade school education is preferred.